Minnesota Chapter Home
"Working to further sound Wildlife Management and the Wildlife Profession in Minnesota."
To attain these objectives, we:
• share knowledge and ideas through meetings and publications,
• recognize and commend outstanding work by professional and lay individuals and groups,
• involve ourselves in important issues affecting wildlife resources,
• encourage public support for Chapter positions on important wildlife issues, and
• communicate with members, the student chapters and the parent chapter of The Wildlife Society.
Meetings, Officers, and Official Business:
The Minnesota Chapter holds two formal meetings each year. An annual conference is held each year during late winter, and at least one summer field workshop is held during late summer. Sometimes multiple summer workshops are held to offer more diverse continuing education to our members. Chapter business is conducted at quarterly board meetings of the Executive Board and Committee Chair People.
The board consists of:
- Secretary and/or Treasurer
- Newsletter Editor
- 6 Regional Representatives
Elections for the board officers are held each year during the annual meeting. The length of the term of each office varies and is noted in the chapter bylaws.
Membership is open to all individuals interested in perpetuation of Minnesota’s wildlife resources. Voting membership in the Chapter is available to all paid regular, student, and retired members. We have over 200 members of our professional organization. Executive board members must be current members of the local chapter and the national parent chapter.
Please report any problems with this site to John Loegering (firstname.lastname@example.org),
who is the university contact regarding this website. The views and opinions
expressed in this page are strictly those of the website authors.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.